At a time when people have low trust in conventional ads, it is really hard to create brand awareness amongst the audience. That’s when the role of an Influencer comes into play; assisting brands in gaining more product exposure. The first question that comes to our mind is: who is an influencer and how an influencer marketing be helpful to our business?
“People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories, and magic.” (Seth Godin)
Who is an Influencer?
An influencer is someone who has a strong social influence over the years. It can be anyone, a YouTuber, a blogger, or a social media persona. They have built a huge fan base in their respective digital assets that can boost traffic, engagement, and awareness for your product. In other words, an influencer is a messenger who will attract potential consumers to your brand through his/her social media content.
Things to consider while choosing an Influencer for your business: Ensure that the influencer is the right fit for your brand. For e.g.: you can’t rely on a beauty influencer to promote your second-hand car business – that could be a disaster.
What is Influence(r) Marketing?
Influencer Marketing is an alternative way of marketing that involves product endorsements and promotions. It leverages the reach of an influencer who has a strong influence in a particular niche to promote your brand, increase brand recognition, and drive sales.
Benefits of Influencer Marketing for Business:
- Influencers help in increasing your brand’s trustworthiness. However, collaborate with influencers who have genuine followers and are relevant to your brand and brand values.
- Influencers add a new perspective to your product. They tell stories that are lesser-known or genuine experiences with your product. It gives a fresh perspective to the mass consumers you are eyeing on.
- In influencer marketing, it’s a win-win situation for everyone. Influencers can offer massive exposure to your business, and they in turn will get recognition, increased followers, and of course will be paid for what they love doing.
6 Ways to Get More Product Exposure with Influencers:
An Influencer Marketing strategy is a priority for all kinds of businesses, no matter how big, or how small it is. Let’s take a look at some effective influencer marketing ways to get more exposure to your brand:
- Run a Referral Program: A Referral program is by far the most effective way to boost leads and conversion to your brand. It helps garner massive sales to your business. Offering discounts and referral codes to your influencers will help your brand easily catch their followers’ attention. A great example of a referral program is Airbnb’s referral experiment which resulted in 5000 signups in just a month in their Asia expansion through a high-powered influencer.
- Offer Gifts: Offering gifts boosts your brand value in the online space. When you find influencers, who are the right fit for your brand, you can share your “product” with the influencers. The influencers will use your product and share their experiences with their audience. It allows the influencer to give a genuine endorsement for your product. In this way, your brand will get exposure amongst their audience who would like to try the product.
- Host Giveaways and Contests: A great marketing strategy is to offer giveaways through contests. You can see posts from various artists or actors announcing giveaways from time to time. They call for likes, comments, and shares following which announce a random winner. It is an excellent approach to boost the product exposure of your brand. The influencer can also encourage their followers to follow your brand’s social media profiles to win the giveaway contest. For, e.g., Gaurav Choudhury, better known as Technical Guruji, often announces giveaways of phones or laptops to engage his audience with his partnered brands.
- Leverage User-Generated content by fans and followers: User-generated content basically means content from the consumers that include reviews, pictures, or even videos. People often post their experience of using a product on social media. Give your audience a chance to showcase their content by re-sharing their content in your official handles and see the magic it can create for your brand image.
- Social Media Campaign: Social media plays a major role in your brand image. Social media posts often need engagements along with a large following. By engagement, I mean the number of likes and comments in posts. Your influencer will run a campaign by publishing a series of posts promoting your brand’s different aspects. Consider using hashtags in the campaigns which will help your brand get noticed.
- Blogger Reviews: An honest product review comes with credibility and trustworthiness. Find influential bloggers who can boost product exposure for your brand. To get ranked amongst the top searches list; make sure to use the keyword that is relevant to your product. Ask them to link your website in their blog post review.
Influencer marketing is a powerful solution to enhance your product exposure. These methods will surely help you to stand tall in your business. Empower and educate your audience about your brand through these excellent marketing strategies.
If you are interested in an end-to-end influencer marketing campaign that uses all these strategies and much more, please contact AiPlex Digital